Stomach ulcer is a common problem that is basically caused by bacterial infection. H.pylori bacteria are responsible for stomach ulcer. Acid suppressing medication can help you to get rid of this problem. It will also prevent your ulcer and if your medication is perfect then you will never experience this problem again. The anti-inflammatory drugs like arthritis also create this type of problem. If you need not continue with anti-inflammatory drugs, then to avoid stomach ulcer, you must continue to take acid suppressing medication.
What is Stomach Ulcer?
Sometimes a hole is created at the lining of the alimentary canal of the human body and goes deeper through the muscular layer. This process is known as an ulcer and when it occurs in the stomach or upper intestine it is known as stomach ulcer. It is not fixed that ulcer happens always with upper intestine, but ulcer at other places is rare to see.
In some case you may hear the name of peptic ulcer. It is nothing but when the ulcer occurs with that portion of alimentary tract which is soaked with pepsin enzyme. It is a form of stomach ulcer.
Causes of stomach ulcer
Normally the stomach produces acid that help you with the perfect digestion of the foods as well as this acid also helps to kill bacteria. The lining of the stomach and your duodenum is protected by the natural mucus barrier. A perfect balance is available between the mucus defense barrier as well as the total amount of acid. If for any reason the acid starts to produce more and hampers the normal balance of defense barrier as well as acids, it causes stomach ulcers. Following are some other reasons that are responsible for this problem.
- In human body all time a digestive mechanism named gastro-duodenal mucosal defense is running. When something goes wrong with this mechanism for which it loses its balance with damaging forces, then the ulcer happens. On the other word when the caustic effect of different acid becomes intolerable for the duodenum or stomach it causes cases a hole that is known as ulcers.
- There have two things that lead a man gradually to ulcer the first one is the constant gastric infection that is caused by Helicobacter pylori and another is a man made one. Taking the excess amount of NSAID drug like aspirin, Nurofen etc. But, most of case about 95% of ulcer affected patients is suffering from an ulcer for Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
- Tumors with excess acid secretion may also a cause of ulcer formation. But this incident is not seen often. Ulcer can also be formed for smoking, heredity, hypercalcemia etc. If you take excessive amount of Corticosteroids it may accelerate ulcer formation in your body, but the role of coffee is not proved yet.
Stomach ulcer also includes gastric ulcer. It normally occurs inside of the stomach. Esophageal ulcers create problems for the hollow tube and hollow tube basically carries goods from the throat to the stomach. Other kinds of stomach ulcer that you can experience are duodenal ulcers. It occurs in the upper portion of the intestine. Many people say that the spicy foods as well as the stressful job often cause stomach ulcers. However; it is just a myth. The real reason of stomach ulcer is the bacterial infection, nothing else!
Symptoms of stomach ulcer
It is seen that most of the patient of stomach ulcer suffers from burning pain. So there is no doubt that burning pain is one of the main symptoms of stomach ulcer. This pain is basically aggravated by the acid of the stomach. The symptoms of stomach pain can be worse if your stomach is empty. Many doctors also suggest their patient not to empty their stomach as it can make the normal condition worse than before. Many patients with this problem also flare at night. There are many foods that can increase the pain. The type of food many vary from one patient to another, however; if any patient experience pain due to eating any specific type of food, he or she should avoid that food as it can increase their pain. Some other common symptoms of stomach pain are given below:
- The main symptom of stomach ulcer is an acute pain in the stomach and its surrounding area. The important fact is that, the pain increases at night and intensively occurs after taking the meal and continues up to 1-3 hours.
- When you are affected by stomach ulcer it is not rare that you lose your appetite. Again, the other symptoms of stomach ulcer include weight loss without any reason, vomiting, bloating etc. In case of stomach ulcer most of the people feel pain at the upper or back portion of the abdomen.
- In severe case bleeding and intractable pain may occur.
Diagnosis of stomach ulcer
If you face any kind of abnormality, you should see your personal doctor. If you experience the signs as well as the symptoms of stomach ulcer, you should worry about this fact as if you ignore the condition, it may become worse. To get instant relief from stomach ulcer pain, antacids as well as acid blockers can be taken. You will get short time relief if you take these medicines.
- Physical test for you: Physical test is not so benefitted in case of stomach ulcer. It is useful for removing the pain which is created due to other reasons.
- Take some clinical test:
- Endoscopy- It is a process to view the situation of the stomach with a camera that is inserted into the human body with a flexible tube.
- Barium Radiography- X-ray the stomach with a barium solution.
Stomach Ulcers: Natural Remedies That Work
The best way to prevent stomach ulcer is to avoid the foods that can cause a burning sensation. You have to quit your smoking habit. Eating vegetables and fruits can help to protect the stomach ulcer. Never try to mix alcohol with your medication. Eat healthy to avoid stomach ulcer.