There are instances when you experience headache and instead of taking time to ponder on the possible reasons for feeling pain, you just let it slide and you tend to focus on just making the pain go away. Knowing the real reasons for experiencing pain can be crucial. More often than not, the pain is just caused by common reasons but what if it is already pertaining to a more serious condition? Wouldn’t you want to know the problem immediately so that you can think of a possible solution? Pain particularly felt on the temples can be very excruciating. It is possible that you cannot even function well when you are feeling pain in right temple.
Causes of Right Temple Pain
It is important to know the possible causes of the pain in right temple so that you can determine how serious your current condition is. Some of the common causes are the following:
- Migraine – Migraine can be caused by different things. There are times when people experience migraines because they are anxious. There are also times when people experience it because of some types of food and intolerance of some products. Right temple pain can be felt with migraine but is usually coupled with vomiting and nausea.
- Hypertension – Hypertension is also known as high blood pressure and people usually experience this after eating food high in cholesterol. This can also be experienced when people are undergoing through a stressful event.
- Eye Problems – There are instances when people do not even realize they already need to have their eyes refracted because their eye condition is not as perfect as it was in the past. Eye problems can cause right temple pain.
While the above mentioned conditions are the common causes of pain in right temple, here are other conditions that are not that common:
- Trigeminal Neuralgia – This is the type of condition wherein a blood vessel puts pressure on the brain stem causing pain to shoot up to the temples. Usually, when the condition starts, it does not hurt immediately. It will take time because the nerve has to get thinner and thinner until it offers no protection from pain anymore.
- Temporal Arthritis – This is considered to be an uncommon disease because it less people all over the world as compared to the common causes of right temple pain. Temporal arthritis is usually caused by the inflammation of the blood vessels in different areas near the head.
- Meningitis – This is the inflammation of the membranes caused by the cerebrospinal fluid. There are a lot of people who do not know what causes this condition. It is actually caused by a certain bacteria and bacteria can easily multiply and cause more damage in the long run.
There are still other causes of right temple pain such as the following:
- Teeth grinding that sometimes occur when people are sleeping
- Cluster Headache
Possible Treatments For Pain in Right Temple
People should remember that the treatments will depend on the condition that is causing the pain in the right temple. Here are the possible treatments for the above mentioned conditions:
- Migraines – Unfortunately for migraines, there are no real treatment that can be done to make migraine go away eventually. There are some things that you can do to avoid getting migraines. Take note of the things that you do before getting a migraine attack. It is likely that avoiding possible situations can help improve your condition.
- Hypertension – There are some people who would have to take medications to make sure that blood levels will remain normal. People can also avoid eating food products that contain too much fat and cholesterol.
- Eye Problems – For eye problems, the solution is simple – get glasses or contact lenses to help correct your vision. Sometimes, vision problems can still become cured when detected early and while the grade is still low. Sometimes, undergoing LASIK can also help improve one’s vision.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia – There are medications that will be described by the doctor to help cure this condition. Usually though, the medications are targeting the pain that can sometimes be excruciating for people who are experiencing it. Some may also undergo therapy in order to improve one’s condition.
- Temporal Arthritis – Before a person is diagnosed with this condition, a series of tests would have to be done to be sure about the condition. Once the condition is already confirmed, that is the time when doctors would recommend taking medication to help the nerves recover. After a few days, the person experiencing temporal arthritis will start to feel better.
Usually, treatments for temporal pain experienced in the right side of the head can be cured with different medications, rest and the other things that would need to be done will be prescribed by a legitimate medical practitioner.
Seeing Your Doctor
It is possible that even though you would want to get yourself checked, you are a bit hesitant to see your doctor because of different reasons. It is possible that you are scared of what you may find especially if the headaches are unnaturally reoccurring. It is also possible that you do not want to go to the doctor because you do not want to undergo the necessary stress when you know that it can be caused by one of the common conditions mentioned above.
You have to remember that you can never be sure although there are some things that you can take note of to have a more concrete idea about the seriousness of your condition. If you experience severe symptoms such as fainting, high fever, difficulty in doing tasks that you had no problem doing in the past as well as paralysis on some parts of your body, you should make sure that you see your doctor immediately. Still, even if you do not experience the symptoms mentioned above, seeing your doctor for your regular check up can still help. Seek the right treatments to make the pain in right temple go away.