More often than not, people experience nausea before eating because they have not eaten for a long time. There are some people though who experience nausea after eating and most of the time, they do not know the exact reason why. If in case you have never experienced nausea, this is an uncomfortable feeling wherein you feel the need to vomit afterwards. There are instances when people who feel nauseous actually vomit but there are also some who just feel like vomiting but it does not push through.
Simple Causes of Nausea After Eating
Nausea After Eating
There are some reasons that are simple enough and can be avoided if people would follow the things that they have to do. Some of the simple causes of nausea are the following:
Eating Too Quickly – There are different reasons why people eat too fast. There are times when people eat too fast because they are already very hungry and there are also times when people eat fast because they do not have time.
Eating too fast can make it harder for the body to digest the food that has been eaten and in turn can cause nausea.
Food Allergy – Have you ever eaten something that has made you want to vomit? It might be because your body is rejecting the food that you have just eaten. Having food allergies are not always diagnosed immediately but you can usually pinpoint this when after eating the same food, you get the same experience.
High Cholesterol – It is possible that you have taken in food that has high cholesterol content. If this is the case, then you can be sure that you will be nauseous after. This will go away over time especially if you rest a bit.
Stress – There are instances when people become too stressed with the things that they have to do so their main tendency is to have trouble after eating their food because too much thinking is causing the body to slow down and have some problems and complications in the process.
Serious Causes of Nausea
While the above mentioned things are simple causes of constant nausea after eating, here are a few more causes of nausea that are considered to be more serious.
- Food Poisoning – Food poisoning occurs when the food ingested by the person contains several types of bacteria. The bacteria found in food can be enough to cause nausea to people. Other than nausea, people may experience other symptoms too but when treated immediately; these symptoms will go away over time.
- Indigestion – It has already been mentioned earlier than it can be harder for the body to process food that has been eaten for a short period of time. While there are instances when people can recover immediately, there are also times when people experience indigestion. Usually, nausea mixed in with other symptoms will go away after some time but the experience can sometimes be painful for other people.
- Psychological – This might seem unlikely for some people but there are actually instances when the feeling of nausea is psychological usually brought about by bad experiences felt by some people in the past. Do remember that if you feel that there is something wrong with you, what you can do is go to a psychiatrist at the soonest possible time.
- Eating Infrequently – There are times when people are too busy with their work so instead of being able to eat frequently, what happens is they are unable to eat for a long period of time. Sometimes, eating infrequently causes people to become sick just after they eat after not eating for a long period of time. Try to regulate your eating habits to avoid experiencing this feeling.
Possible Conditions Causing Nausea after Eating
Causing Nausea after Eating
There are times when the causes of constant nausea after eating are health conditions that should be given the attention that it deserves at the soonest possible time. Here are just some of the possible causes of nausea after eating:
- Peptic Ulcer – This is usually caused when some parts of the stomach lining are inflamed or may have some lacerations. Whenever people experience nausea with peptic ulcer, the condition is usually coupled with extreme pain and bloating.
- Gastroenteritis – For people who do not know, gastroenteritis is the condition wherein the intestines become inflamed. There are times when people would have to take in medications for the inflammation to subside but sometimes, it goes away over time.
- Gallstones – This is usually felt when people eat greasy food products. There are times though when people are not even aware that they already have stones present in their gall bladders. Being checked from time to time is always an important factor.
- Appendicitis – There are times when people do not realize that the main reason why they are feeling pain is because they already have appendicitis. For those who do not know, appendicitis is the condition wherein the appendix is inflamed. The condition can be dangerous if not treated immediately so people with this condition are recommended to visit their doctor immediately.
- Cancer – Stomach cancer is not that common nowadays but it still happens. Usually, the symptoms may include feeling nauseous after eating some food products. Do remember though that yet again, getting checked by the doctor can help this condition be detected early so that people’s chances of recovering from this condition are far greater.
Do remember that the treatments for the causes of constant nausea after eating may vary tremendously. The treatments may depend on the condition being felt by the person while other times, the body will heal itself on its own. Do remember that depending on the condition, seeking medical help is not a bad idea. Make sure that you take note if the condition that you are feeling is felt for quite some time or if it keeps on reoccurring for quite some time. These are just some of the things that the doctor will ask you about before you get your thorough check up.