There are some people who cannot take the thought of other people vomiting. There are even some who puke when they see other people start vomiting. This is already normal because it can be the body’s reaction to an extreme situation. While most people do not think that they have good reasons to puke, there will be instances when you have to induce puking especially if you have taken things that are harmful for the body. At this point, you may be wondering what possible situations are there wherein you would need to induce puking. Here are just some of those situations:
- After having a bad meal – You would have to admit that sometimes you eat things that you thought are good only to realize that it is made with products or even animals you would not even think of eating. This can also be true if you feel bad after eating.
- Too much alcohol – As we all know, there are some people who would need relief from drinking too much alcohol and puking is one way of reducing that.
- Too many problems – There are times when people just feel so stressed with everything that are going on with their lives that the main thing that can lessen their stress is through vomiting.
Aside from the situations mentioned above, it is likely that you can still think of other situations wherein you know that you just have to make yourself puke.
Things to Ponder On
Before you actually decide that you have to learn how to puke, you have to remember that this is a serious issue. You cannot just induce vomiting because you feel fat. This can lead to another condition known as bulimia which would have to be treated because it can be harmful for one’s health. You have to consider first your real reasons why you would like to learn how to throw up and the possible repercussions that it may have on your health afterwards.
If you would need to puke because you have taken something poisonous or you have taken something that will cause you to become extremely allergic, there may be other things that you can do instead of vomiting. In fact, there are instances when vomiting will only worsen your condition. If in case the first aid that you are instructed to do is to induce puking, then that is the time when you can actually start vomiting.
How to Make Yourself Puke
There are several ways that you can do in order to make yourself puke. Some of these things are the following:
- Use your finger – A lot of people find this gross but you have to do it to make your gag reflex work. You have to use your finger and push it at the back of your throat. You will feel the need to gag and sometimes gagging can help you vomit and empty the content of your stomach. There are times though when people become too weak because of something that they have taken that they can barely do this anymore.
- Warm Salt Water – This solution can also make people gag not only because of its taste but because of its texture. One of the disadvantages of using this though is that it can take a long time before it can take effect. It actually depends on the person who is drinking the solution. For others, the effect is very fast but for others, it will take about 30 minutes. It is not recommended if you would need to puke something up immediately.
- Mustard Solution – This is the same with the salt solution. The only difference is that when you think about it, mustard can be more unappealing than salt. The taste of mustard with the warm water is simply so bad that it can make people puke even with just the thought of taking it. It can also take a long time to take effect but for others, it can work immediately.
- Emetics – If in case you are not familiar with what Emetics are, this is a type of medicine that can induce puking. What it does is actually make you feel nauseous that you know that the only way you can feel better is by vomiting. You have to remember that you are only recommended to take this in small amounts. There are some things that you have to remember when you are taking this type of medicine; first of all, you are not allowed to use it if you are expecting (pregnant) or if you have a serious heart condition. Another thing that you have to remember is that you are not allowed to use it every day for a long period of time. Lastly, giving this to an unconscious person might worsen his or her condition.
- Drink Coke – You might be thinking at this point how coca cola can make you throw up. A lot of people think that coca cola is heavenly because it can make people have a sense of euphoria for a certain period of time but drinking it without the fizz and the bubbles might upset people’s stomachs and eventually cause people to throw up.
- Watch something that grosses you out – There are several things that can make people feel icky. For instance, there are some people who tend to vomit when they see animals eating each other on television. There are also some people who vomit when they see things like poop, urine and other things that are not considered to be clean. The most effective way is to see another person to throw up. Most likely, you will also throw up in the process.
You have to remember that after throwing up; you will still not feel perfectly well. There are times when people just become dehydrated and they would like to drink water but drinking water can make them throw up again. The stomach can also be a bit sensitive after you have induced it to throw up so you may have to watch what you are eating for a certain period of time.