One of the greatest problems of people right now is heart disease. There are a lot of people who have died. There are some people who say that they do not know if they have heart disease because they did not see the signs. There are times when people think that the symptoms that they are experiencing are similar to other symptoms that they are just disregarding.
Do remember that there are some things that you have to look for:
- First, you will know if the pain is related if to a heart attack is it will be accompanied by pressure on the chest. Usually, when your left arm is hurting and you are having some trouble breathing, this might be a sign that you have a heart problem.
- Do remember that it does not mean that just because you are feeling pain on your chest and your arm at the same time, this already means that it is heart related. There are instances when you may have done activities that might be causing your chest and your arms to hurt.
- If in case you are worried about this, what you have to do is search for other symptoms that might be pointing to having a heart related disease. Other symptoms that you have to watch out for are shortness of breath, nausea, indigestion, dizziness, unusual sweating and uneven heart beat. If you are experiencing everything, you have to have yourself checked immediately. This may mean that you have a heart problem.
There may be times when your left arm is painful then it suddenly becomes numb. When this happens, this is not related to heart pain. What happens is that you may be experiencing nerve injury. Do remember that although it might hurt a lot, you have to remember that this is not related to your heart at all.
Some Symptoms to Look For
There are some symptoms that you have to watch out for so that you can know what to expect. Do remember that these symptoms are all pain related:
- Sudden pain that comes from your left arm going to your chest. Usually, you will feel pain on both of your arms but the pain may be stronger on your left arm. If you are wondering why this is so, this is because the left arm is closer to the heart.
- Neck pain and discomfort. There are times when the pain can go to the neck and there will also be a feeling around the throat that is hard to understand.
- You will usually feel back pain. There is a chance that the pain will not be the excruciating type of pain but a dull ache that can spread not only on the back but also other parts of the body.
- Lower jaw pain may also be felt. Most of the time, the pain may also radiate towards the upper jaw and the pain may be concentrated on one part of the jaw.
- There are also times when the pain may also be felt on the shoulders since this is still near the heart, the back and the chest.
If you see some signs of these symptoms, the best thing to do is to go to your doctor immediately. If in case you are not feeling any types of pain, here are other symptoms that you can look for:
- Difficulty in Breathing – if you have asthma or any type of condition that will make you have difficulty in breathing, you may not realize that this symptom may be related to having other heart problems.
- Dizziness – You may be feeling dizzy every time you try to stand up. The dizziness may appear just suddenly so you would have to brace yourself.
- Cold Sweating – There are only a few moments in your life when you feel like you are cold sweating, usually when you are feeling uncomfortable. When you suddenly come up in cold sweat, this might mean that you are feeling pain.
Some Heart Problems Related to Left Arm Pain
- Angina Pectoris – This is also known as Angina and it is pain caused by the lack of blood flow going to the chest. Usually, you can tell that this is the type of heart problem that you have if the pain lasts from 1 – 5 minutes. This can be cured by taking medications.
- Myocardial Infection – You can tell if this is the condition that you have if the pain on your arm lasts for more than 30 minutes. If the pain on your arm goes to your chest or lasts for a long time, it will be wise to see the doctor.
- Heart Attack – You can tell if the pain that you are feeling is heart attack if the pain on your left arm lasts for short periods of time. The pain comes and goes and it may go straight to your chest. Do remember that if the pan lasts for days and even weeks, this leads to other types of heart conditions.
What to Do:
Now that you feel like you are feeling something wrong with your body, what you have to do is to undergo a series of tests. It has been mentioned earlier that it is important to have yourself checked by your doctor. You can choose a doctor that you have always had or you may also choose a heart doctor, a specialist that may be able to help you more. If you would try to diagnose yourself, this will be hard to do unless you are also a doctor and you know what you ought to do. If ever you are not contented with the diagnosis that will be given by the first doctor that you choose, you can choose another doctor and get a second opinion regarding your condition so that you can be sure.
- Ask your doctor what are the tests that you would have to do. Usually, you would have to undergo physical examination and other diagnostic tests.
- You may also have to undergo ECG (Electrocardiograms) in order to determine if the rhythm of your heart is still normal.
- Blood tests will also have to be done in order to determine if the enzyme content of the blood is normal.
- Do remember that your doctor might also prescribe some medications that you would need to take in order to make your condition better. There are some heart conditions wherein you would need to take medicine to feel better like classic Angina.
- Remember to be always aware of the things that are happening to your body. If you know how your body should work, you will be able to determine if there are some changes that are very sudden.
Now that you knowing all the different details that you need, you know that this will be very helpful. If ever you are already having some problems, what you can do is you can breathe deeply so that you can determine if there is something wrong. You might be experiencing some pains because you are feeling anxious.