Nausea is a feeling that you feel from time to time. It can be very uncomfortable to feel his way because it can hinder you from doing the tasks that you have set out to do. While nausea sometimes go away after some time, there are natural home remedies that people can try in order to get rid of the feeling immediately. Before discussing the different home remedies for nausea and vomiting after eating, it will be wise to know the different reasons why you are feeling nauseous.
Causes of nausea and diarrhea after eating
Most of the time, nausea is one of the symptoms that people feel whenever they have any other condition that they have not addressed yet. Here are some of the possible causes of nausea:
- Abdominal Problems – Usually, when there is something wrong with the abdominal area, people can already count on having nausea as one of the symptoms.
- Migraine Headaches – Whenever people start to get headaches, they can already be sure that nausea will follow soon after. Aside from this, having some fluids in the brain area can also be a cause of nausea.
- Vertigo – This is caused by an imbalance in the inner ear but can also cause nausea for those who are experiencing it.
- Medications – There are some medications that can cause nausea especially if there are a lot of medications that are taken all at once.
- Low Blood Sugar – For those who have low blood sugar, it is possible that nausea can be one of the symptoms that will tell people if they would need to spike up their blood pressure.
Aside from the causes mentioned above, there are still a lot more causes of nausea but you also have to know more about the home remedies of nausea that you can try at home.
10 Natural Remedies for Nausea and vomiting at Home
A lot of people are not aware that ginger can be very helpful for those who are suffering from nausea. Aside from the fact that it has some active components that can help make the feeling of nausea go away, it can also help calm down the abdomen especially if it is the abdomen that is causing you to feel nauseous.
- Grate the ginger root and place it on a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- If you want, you can add honey and lemon juice to make it taste better.
- Drink about twice a day.
The thing about milk is not everyone likes it because some are lactose intolerant. If you are not lactose intolerant and you are sure that your nausea is not being caused by problems in your abdomen, you can use milk to combat nausea. This is one of the home remedies you can try if you are also vomiting as a result of your nausea.
- Heat one cup of milk until it is hot. Make sure that you will not bring it to a boil.
- Put the cup of milk in a bowl and crumble one piece of toasted bread with a little bit of butter.
- Crumble the toasted bread and mix it in with the milk. Make sure that this will be eaten slowly.
One of the main reasons why lemon is so effective against nausea is because it helps in neutralizing possible stomach acids that may be causing your feelings of nausea. Lemon ultimately balances the pH levels of the body.
- Get a lemon and cut it in half.
- From one of the halves of the lemon, get the juice and place it in a bowl.
- Mix in half teaspoon of salt.
- Before drinking this mixture, start to breathe in the fumes of the lemon juice and salt mixed together.
- Drink this slowly.
Cinnamon is one spice that is known to help people get rid of feelings of nausea but do remember that if you are pregnant, you are not recommended to try this home remedy because it might cause some discomfort to your baby.
- Steep ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and place in a cup of boiling water.
- Wait for a few minutes then strain the cinnamon powder.
- Sip the cinnamon powder slowly to get rid of nausea.
This is also known to be another spice that is very aromatic yet it can work because of its soothing properties that can help get rid of nausea at the soonest possible time. Aside from being used to get rid of normal nausea, it can also be used to get rid of morning sickness.
- Add a teaspoon of clove powder to a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the mixture for about 5 minutes and strain it afterwards.
- Make sure that no cloves will remain when you place it in a cup.
- You can add honey to make it taste better.
There are times when people smell vomit, they tend to vomit more. Vomiting and nausea often go together. Vinegar can be the best option to use. Vinegar can be used to prevent people to vomit again and feel nauseous.
- After vomiting, you can mix in ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup vinegar in a glass.
- Rinse out the remaining vomit particles in your mouth.
- Remember not to gargle because vinegar can be bad for the tooth enamel.
What a lot of people are not aware of is that fennel can be used to be an herb that can help stop feelings of nausea. Fennel can get rid of the gas in the stomach that might be causing feelings of nausea. It also contains some anesthetic properties that can help get rid of the feeling of queasiness.
- Get a teaspoon of fennel seeds and take it in.
- Chew the fennel seeds in your mouth slowly and it will give you relief from feelings of nausea.
8.Apple Cider Vinegar
This list will not be complete without apple cider vinegar which is an excellent home remedy because it can seemingly be used for so many things. Apple cider vinegar in this case can be an excellent thing to use to fight feelings of nausea because it has natural healing properties that can help make the condition better.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water.
- Mix in honey in order to neutralize the sour taste of vinegar.
- Drink this solution slowly to get rid of the feelings of nausea.
This is another herb that can be used to help get rid of feelings of nausea. What it does is it also helps curb feelings of vomiting so this is perfect for those who are feeling nauseous and are also vomiting in the process.
- Brew aniseed together with tea.
- Steep it for 5 minutes.
- Strain the remaining aniseed and drink slowly.
- This can be done once a day in order to help get rid of nausea.
Cranberry juice is known to be an effective home remedy that can be taken in whenever people are feeling nauseous and cannot take in any type of solid food. Cranberry has enough properties to ensure that people are not going to vomit anymore.
- Drink cranberry together with other liquids since this can go easy on the digestive tract.
- It can also help neutralize the pH levels of the body.