There is a possibility that you are suffering from trapped gas and you think nothing of it because it is considered normal. Most of the time, people get it from eating and drinking. There are also instances when people get gas because they have eaten too much and a lot of gas has been released by the stomach in order to digest food.
Main reasons of having trapped gas
- Too Much Swallowed Air – This occurs when people are eating and drinking too fast and they tend to swallow too much air through their mouth. This can be remedied by eating more slowly and by chewing food properly.
- Undigested Food – Like mentioned earlier, when people eat too much, the tendency is they will have undigested food that the body needs to breakdown. The body may release too much acid and gas in the process.
- Stress – There are times when people start to feel abdominal pain due to gas because of stress. This is probably because of the irregular breathing pattern that people who are stressed tend to have.
Now that you already know the reasons for having trapped gas, it is only natural that you would like to know more on how you can get rid of trapped gas. It can be frustrating to be suffering from the condition because the type of pain is usually irritating and comfortable.
How to Get Rid of Trapped Gas Fast and Naturally
- Lemon Tea
You might think that lemon might only increase the amount of pain that you are feeling because of trapped gas but it can help get rid of the pain by stimulating digestion and releasing the excess gas from the body.
- Prepare one whole lemon and a cup of warm water.
- Squeeze out about 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon on the cup of warm water.
- Drink this in the morning to help prevent the buildup of gas.
- Activated Charcoal
There are some people who swear by activated charcoal in getting rid of the gas trapped in their stomachs but there are also some people who are not sure if they should take it. The best option is to consult a doctor about this beforehand before it can be taken.
- Take enough activated charcoal by mouth.
- It will usually attract the toxins that might be causing an excessive gas amount of your stomach.
- Peppermint Tea
It is only normal that when people are feeling some abdominal pain due to gas that different teas will be tried until the right one will be received. Peppermint tea is very effective because it contains menthol that can help soothe overall.
- Place a teabag of peppermint tea on a cup of warm water. You can also use real mint leaves but you have to steep it with boiling water for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Let the tea cool down a bit.
- Sip slowly.
Do you know that ginger can be very effective in getting rid of trapped gas? Aside from that, it can also be effective in certain digestive problems. If ever you would like to calm your upset stomach, this is the best remedy that you can try.
- Get ginger root and carefully peel it.
- Slice them into small pieces and place them in a mug with hot water.
- Let it cool down a bit.
- Add a bit of honey and lemon if you please.
- Start drinking slowly.
The pumpkin can be more useful than you think. You may always associate it with Halloween and amazing pies but pumpkin can also help aid in food digestion. It can also make the stomach more stable to reduce the buildup of gases in the stomach.
- Prepare a cup of pumpkin.
- Cook it whichever way that you want.
- Eat it anyway that you want but it might be best if you could eat it with your meal.
These things mentioned above are just some of the possible home remedies that people can do in order to get rid of trapped gas. There are still a lot more that are available. It will be important to know these home remedies to make it easy to reduce episodes of having abdominal pain due to trapped gas.