There are some people who are suffering from Tonsil Stones but they do not know how they can get rid of it at the soonest possible time. Tonsil stones are also known as tonsilloliths. The main reason why tonsil stones are formed is because of the bacteria that form in the tonsils. The bacteria usually become lodged in the tonsil area and this can cause the debris to smell bad. This can usually cause people to become uncomfortable.
You have to remember that you would need to get rid of Tonsil stones at the fastest possible time so that you will stop being uncomfortable. Here are just some of the things that you can do so that you can get rid of tonsil stones at the soonest possible time:
How to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones Fast and Naturally
- Remove Tonsil Stones with the Use of Your Fingers
At this point, you may be thinking that this is something that can be hard to do because you are not sure how you are going to do that. Do remember that when you are going to use your fingers, you have to make sure that you will have clean fingers when you do that.
- Make sure that you will clean your fingers with soap and water.
- Rinse your fingers properly before placing it on your tonsils.
- Search for the stones that can be found on your tonsils and push up until such time when the tonsil stones will pop out from where they are.
- Once you have successfully removed the tonsil stones, what you can do is make sure that you will rinse off your mouth.
Since you may not want to use your finger in order to remove the tonsil stones, what you can do instead is make sure that you will use cotton buds in order to remove the tonsil stones.
- Make sure that you will use a clean cotton bud in order to remove the tonsil stones.
- After you have successfully removed the tonsil stones from your tonsils, rinse your tonsils with warm water.
- If the tonsil stones are hard to remove, try not to pressure it or force it because this may be bad for your system.
- Use a Soft Tooth Brush
Since you may not want to take out the tonsil stones on your own or you would like to make it fall on its own, what you can do is you can make use of a toothbrush.
- Make sure that you will use a soft toothbrush especially when you are going to brush the area where the tonsil stones may be.
- Make sure that you will not have abrasions that will form on your tonsils since this will aggravate your tonsils further.
- Massage the tonsil stones gently so that they will slowly be removed.
- If they do not want to get removed, the best way that it can be removed is with the use of a saline solution or a salt and warm water solution.
- Make Use of Antibiotics
Do remember that the main reason why you have tonsil stones is because you have a lot of bacteria on your tonsils. The use of antibiotics can help remove the bacteria present on the tonsil area.
- Have yourself checked by your doctor so that the doctor can give you a prescription regarding the type of antibiotics that you need.
- Do remember that when you are given the prescription, you have to make sure that you will follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Remember that antibiotics will only help solve the problem for a temporary time period. You still have to make sure that you will do some things to keep the tonsil stones from coming back.
- Consider Surgery to Get Rid of the Stones
There is a chance that people would want to make sure that their stones will be removed by the right person so that they will not have any problems. The great thing about this is that you will not feel a thing while the stones are being removed.
- The area will be numbed so that you will not feel anything when they stones are removed.
- The doctor will then scrape the area so that the stones will be removed.
Prevention of Tonsil Stones
It has always been said that it is better to prevent things from happening than trying to cure the problem. This is the reason why preventing tonsil stones from taking place are always better. Here are just some of the things that people ought to do in order to become better.
- Make sure that you will pay special attention to your oral hygiene. The main reason why you are getting bacteria in your tonsils is because you do not brush your teeth 2x a day. You also have to remember that you have to use mouthwash after you brush your teeth so that you can remove the leftover bacteria that may be stuck on the mouth area.
- You may also want to floss because there may be some leftover food particles on your teeth that are not removed by toothbrush alone. The bacteria that may accumulate from there will be appearing on your tonsils as well. Do remember that when food products are left behind on the mouth for 24 hours, this will surely have a bad and rapid effect on bacterial growth.
- Make sure that you will breathe with your nose because if you try to breathe your mouth open, there is a chance that you will get more bacteria on your mouth. Make sure that you not have a clogged nose especially when you are about to sleep so that you will not encounter this problem at all.
- Breathing through the mouth does not only happen when people are sleeping, this may also happen when people are exercising. If you exercise, make sure that you will still breathe through your nose because this will help a lot. When your mouth will not be open when you breathe in, bacteria will not get in as well.
- Ask your doctor for more options. There is a chance that you can help make sure that your tonsil stones will be removed entirely and you can only do that if you would ask your tonsils to be removed at the soonest possible time. Do remember that you cannot do this without the recommendation of your doctor so only do this when you feel that you cannot prevent having tonsil stones anymore.
What you have to remember is that you may be tempted to have your tonsils removed at the soonest possible time especially if you have always worried about getting tonsil stones frequently. This does not mean that you should take this as your first option. This can only be done as a last resort.
Now that you already know the different things that you can do to help get rid of tonsil stones and to help prevent tonsil stones from happening, make sure that you will take those things into account so you will not have a problem in the future.