Do you wonder why you seem to have broken blood vessels on your face? Before you panic, you have to realize that this happens to a lot of people from different parts of the world. People from all nationalities and age groups suffer from this type of condition. This is not something you have to worry about as this is not life-threatening. It can be disconcerting to see some broken blood vessels on your face though.
There are some people who deal with broken blood vessels by covering them up with foundation and concealer but this can get tiring after some time especially if you do not find the makeup products that will provide full coverage for what you are trying to conceal.
Reasons for Getting Broken Blood Vessels on Face
It is always better that you stop your blood vessels from being broken so that you do not have to worry about getting rid of them. You have to know the causes of these spider veins so you will get to know how to prevent them.
- Try to stop yourself from being exposed to the sun for too long. It is fun to just have fun under the sun but if you have not protected your skin prior to that, you may experience having some broken blood vessels all over your face. When your face is feeling too warm, blood will rush to your face and too much of it can result in broken blood vessels. The broken blood vessels may be visible for up to 5 days but you cannot revive your broken blood vessels anymore. They will be permanently damaged when they are exposed to the harmful rays of the sun.
- When you have some skin conditions like acne, this is something that you can already expect. The skin conditions cause your blood vessels to dilate and this can lead to your blood vessels being broken.
- If you use skin products that contain chemicals that are too harsh for your skin, your blood vessels may break down in the process. At the same time, you have to avoid rubbing your face too hard because your blood vessels can break down from this too.
- When you drink too much alcohol, you are going to make the blood vessels on your face dilate. If you can stop yourself from drinking alcohol then do it. One of the ways to tell if a person loves drinking alcoholic beverages is through the spider veins that he/she may have on his/her face. Of course, this is just one of the symptoms to watch out for.
- There are also times when you have broken vessels on your face because of genetics. If your parents have it, there is a very big chance that you are going to have them too.
Based on the things that are mentioned above, here are the tips to remember to prevent getting broken blood vessels on the face:
- Avoid drinking alcohol or if you have to drink, limit your intake.
- Use warm water to wash your face instead of cold water.
- Protect your skin from extreme temperatures.
- Use the right skincare products on your face.
- Refrigerate your products. This can be helpful in soothing the skin.
Seeking Medical Help
If you do not know what caused your blood vessels to erupt, you may need the help of a professional so that you can get a proper diagnosis. When searching for the right dermatologist, you may ask your family members or friends for a dermatologist that they can recommend. Your search for the right dermatologist does not stop there. You need to research and read reviews about the services that the dermatologist can give. The more honest and positive reviews, the better.
Take note that dermatologists have specialties too. If you can find a dermatologist that specializes in treating various types of veins in the body which includes the blood vessels that can be found on your face, the better the chances that your veins are going to get treated properly.
Your dermatologist will let you know if your broken blood vessels are caused by a skin condition. If this is the case, the dermatologist would recommend that the underlying condition will be treated first so that no further damage can ensue. The moment that the underlying condition is treated, that is the time when the broken blood vessels will be given proper treatment. Do take note that some conditions are not exactly treatable but they are manageable.
Some treatments that will be recommended by dermatologists in order to get rid of the unsightly broken blood vessels on your face are the following:
- Laser Treatment – This will effectively get rid of the broken blood vessels so that they will not be seen anymore. The broken blood vessels will be absorbed into the bloodstream so you do not have anything to worry about.
- Sclerotherapy – This is a type of treatment wherein there is a medicine that will be placed on the affected area. Actually, the medicine will be injected into the affected area in order to make the broken blood vessels go away. Unlike laser treatment wherein the blood vessels will be absorbed, the blood vessels will merely shrink.
If in case you feel that the treatments that are mentioned above do not fit your current budget then do not worry. There are still other remedies that you can try. They may not work as fast as the other treatments mentioned above but they can be effective provided that you do them diligently.
Battling Broken Blood Vessels on The Face
Now that you are aware of the main causes of the broken blood vessels on the face, it is time for you to understand the ways on how you can get rid of them. It is a good thing that there are home remedies that are considered more inexpensive than the professional treatments available. Here are some of the things that you can use:
Aloe Vera has always been known for the different things it can do for the skin and hair. This has always been used in order to treat numerous skin conditions. It is not surprising that this can be used to treat broken capillaries in order to reduce the red areas that can be seen visibly.
- You can cut an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Get the gel directly from the leaf.
- Apply on the affected areas of the face.
- You will start to see that the redness will be reduced after.
Vitamin C with Lysine
Vitamin C has always been known as one of those ingredients that can be good for the skin. On its own, it can get rid of unwanted face spots so that your skin will look younger and clearer. Vitamin C is also known to get rid of the bad effects of the sun on the skin. It will help heal the skin at the soonest possible time. Lysine is also effective simply because this is known to treat various types of skin conditions. Lysine may be available as pills that you can take with the rest of your vitamins.
- The easy way to take Vitamin C with Lysine is to take two separate pills that have these two as the main ingredients.
Another option is to do the following process:
- Get the Vitamin C and Lysine from the pills depending on the form that they are in. If they are in tablet form, you have to grind them. In capsule form, you can remove them from the protective case. If they are in gel form, prick the gel so that you can get the gel.
- Mix the two together.
- Apply on the affected area of the skin.
- There is no need to remove it from the skin as it will be fully absorbed.
This is one of those items that are well known to be good for the skin. This is known as a moisturizer that can effectively get rid of acne. Since acne causes broken capillaries, you can already guess how this can be helpful for the skin. This is also very effective in healing the skin in general so even if you have broken capillaries without acne, this can still be useful for you.
- You can just place this on your fingertips and apply it to the affected area of the skin.
- You can start with a small amount first.
- Increase the amount depending on how much you actually need.
Apple Cider Vinegar
There are different things that apple cider vinegar is known for and in clearing up your broken capillaries, it will not fail you. The broken capillaries are obvious because they are inflamed and this is exactly what ACV is going to work on. It will make the blood vessels smaller so they will not be obvious anymore.
- Use a warm compress with ACV.
- Apply it on the face for about 15 minutes.
- This needs to be done twice a day.
- This can be safe to be placed on the face every day until you see your desired results.
One thing that you should remember: if the ACV is too strong for your skin, you may dilute it with water first before using it.
If you would like to treat your broken capillaries or the blood vessels that you may have on other parts of your body, this is one effective remedy. Witch Hazel has astringent properties so it can be very effective in reducing the inflammation of the blood vessels. This can also strengthen the walls of the skin so that the blood vessels will not be too evident.
- Place witch hazel on cotton swabs.
- Place directly on the affected area of the skin.
- You may need to do this twice a day until you get your desired results.
There are some people who are not too familiar with this plant but this evergreen can be very effective in getting rid of the obviously broken capillaries on the face. This can help compress the circulation of the blood and reduce the appearance of the broken capillaries on the face. Another thing that it can promote is good circulation.
- You can place this directly on the affected areas.
- Leave it there for a few minutes.
- You may do this every day until you see your desired results.
Horse Chestnut Seed
There are some people who are more familiar with this as “Buckeye.” No matter what name you use to call it, this can be effective in making the broken capillaries less evident. It makes sure that the skin wall is thicker and stronger so the broken capillaries will not be obvious anymore.
- You may need to mix this with grapeseed oil extract to make it more potent in reducing the appearance of broken capillaries.
- You can apply the mixture in the morning but this is more effective at night when you can place it before going to sleep.
- Rinse off from your face in the morning.
If you have done all of the things that are mentioned above and you are still feeling a bit self-conscious because of the appearance of broken capillaries, you can temporarily use makeup in order to hide the broken capillaries.
Using the concealer is always effective in making the broken capillaries less obvious. The key is to make sure that you will choose the right color of concealer to be placed on some portions of your face. Consider your skin tone and your undertone in order to find the right product. Here are some types of concealers and what they are best used for:
- Green Concealer – Effective in hiding and counteracting redness.
- Yellow Concealer – This can make the skin tone more even.
- Pink Concealer – This can be very effective in reducing the purple or blue spots on your face usually when you have dark circles underneath your eyes.
With all of the things that you have learned, getting rid of the broken blood vessels on your face will be more effective.