There are some women who cannot help but deal with vaginal odor from time to time. Some women only get it at certain times of the month. Others only have it because of the clothes that they wear. It is possible that at some point in your life, you have experienced having vaginal odor. If you are experiencing it now, it is possible that the only thing that you can think about is how you can get rid of it because it is pretty embarrassing especially if other people can smell it too despite all the things that you have done to mask the smell.There are different possible reasons for acquiring vaginal odor.
Causes of vaginal odor
- Bacterial Growth – This may occur when a certain bacteria enters the vagina and stays there.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) – This is usually acquired when people have sexual intercourse with other people who have a disease. An example of STD is Gonorrhea.
- Hormonal Changes – There are instances when the hormones of women may change from time to time because of ovulation and other factors.
No matter what the possible reason is, it cannot be denied that having vaginal odor can be pretty embarrassing. There are even some who become too embarrassed to go to the doctor to be checked. It is recommended that you consult your doctor so that you can get a clear idea about the main cause of your vaginal odor. If the reason is curable, that is the time when you can start checking out the various home remedies that you can do to get rid of vaginal odor.
Here are 10 easy home remedies you can check out to get rid of vaginal odor:
Fenugreek is said to be more beneficial for women than for men because of the different things that it can do for women. Aside from the fact that it can cure hormonal imbalance, it can also make sure that menstruation will become more regular.
- At night, place fenugreek seeds in a bowl of water.
- Leave the fenugreek seeds in the bowl overnight.
- In the morning, strain the seeds.
- Drink the water.
Note:Make sure that you will do this on an empty stomach.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Whenever people see apple cider vinegar as one of the things listed in home remedies, they do not get surprised anymore. What about you, are you surprised that Apple Cider Vinegar is included in this list? You should not be because it can help kill the toxins and the bacteria that might be causing the bad odor in your vagina.
- Mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in the bath tub when you take a bath.
- Soak in the bath water for about half an hour.
- This can be done about three times a week.
Note:Do this until such time when the odor goes away.
Yogurt is known to be one of the healthiest food products available right now especially if it is unsweetened. The reason why it can help get rid of vaginal odor is because it contains lactobacillus which can be effective in keeping your digestion normal. At the same time, it can also help reduce the yeast that can be found in your vagina and can eliminate the smell effectively.
- Make sure that you prepare a cup of unsweetened yogurt.
- Place the cotton on the unsweetened yogurt.
- Apply the cotton on your vagina gently.
- Make the yogurt stay on the vagina for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Wash off with water.
Note:Do this about 3x a day.
- Baking Soda
If you would need something that can balance the pH level of your body because that is the main reason why you are having vaginal odors then you will need to use baking soda. The moment that your body’s pH level returns to normal, the odor of your vagina will go away.
- Place baking soda on your bath water.
- Make sure that you will soak on the baking soda infused water for about half an hour.
- When you get out of the bath water, make sure that you will dry yourself immediately with a clean and dry towel.
Aside from garlic being known for its very strong smell, garlic can also be used as a home remedy for different things. It is not a surprise that garlic can also be used as a home remedy against vaginal odor for it can kill the fungus that is present in the vagina that is causing the smell.
- Make sure that you will include garlic in your diet.
- Prepare a raw of garlic clove in the morning.
- Place the garlic clove in a glass of warm water.
- Drink the water before eating anything.
- White Vinegar
If you think that only apple cider vinegar can be very helpful in getting rid of vaginal odors, you are mistaken because even white vinegar can be used. White vinegar can help in getting rid of the properties that are causing odor. It can also balance out the pH level in order to eliminate the smell.
- Mix one cup of white vinegar and salt.
- Place the mixture with your bath water.
- Soak for about 10 – 15 minutes.
Note:Do this about 2 – 3 times a week to get the best results.
- Cranberry Juice
Since Cranberries are known to be good anti oxidants, consuming a lot of cranberries can be good for the body and can effectively get rid of vaginal odors. Aside from that, cranberry juice is also known to be one of the home remedies against different types of diseases.
- Make sure to drink pure cranberry juice every day.
- This can help remove toxins inside the body.
- This can remove the bacteria or fungi causing the vaginal odor.
- Tea Tree Oil
The main reason why tea tree oil is very effective is because it has antifungal properties. This means that if your vaginal odor is caused by fungi, it can help get rid of the vaginal odor immediately. Do remember however that tea tree oil also has antiseptic properties. This means that no matter what the cause of your vaginal odor is, it can be reduced significantly.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water.
- Use this to wash the vaginal area about 2 – 3 times a week.
- Do this until the odor goes away.
- Guava Leaves
If you think that Guava leaves cannot be used for anything then you are mistaken. Guava leaves have antifungal, antiseptic and even anti inflammatory properties that can make it a very good home remedy against vaginal odor.
- Boil guava leaves with water for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Use the water boiled with Guava leaves to clean your vagina.
Note:Do this 2x a day.
If you are not familiar with what Amla is, this is also known as Indian Gooseberry. It is known to have properties that can help purify the blood. This can also be used to cleanse the blood.
- Eat Indian Gooseberry raw. You may also choose to eat it pickled if you cannot stand its raw taste.
- Make sure that you will include it in your diet.
With all of these home remedies, getting rid of your vaginal odors can be easier to do.