Ultimate Guide to Stomach Cramps
For the people who are in the midst of suffering from the stomach cramps, there are really a very few worse things in the world. The chronic pain likes being stabbed by many people and it is easy to realize why, if you have had a serious stomach cramp. All that you wish to do is reduce the chronic pain that suffers you most, and it makes impossible to do anything bearing this kind of pain. If you find that you have been suffering from this symptom for so long and regularly, then it may be important to have a close look at your diet.
What Causes Stomach Cramps?
Depending on the level of severity of the cramps, this symptom can feel like the worse pain you have ever experienced or only a vague of discomfort. For the duration of the discomfort, although it is tough to think about anything straightly, and also you may seek for any liability to reach for any kind of treatment you can find. To stop it to be happening again, at first you have to look at the causes .
- Food Poisoning: The main reason is due to the reaction to food. But every type food does not react for this symptom. Stomach cramps usually suggest intolerance to a certain type of food or a reaction to something in it.
- Gallstones: These stones can block the duct and can cause swelling, that results pain. After fatty meals, the pain of gallstones tends to strike in the upper abdomen.
- Pancreatitis: This is one of the main causes. Alcohol can be the culprit in this case. The pain normally occurs in the middle abdomen. You can lean forward or even you can lie on your back to get temporary relief.
- Lactose Intolerance: Lactose Intolerance can also cause this cramps. Lactose is the sugar that is found in the milk products and many people have Lactose intolerance. This problem can also cause bloating, burping, indigestion, as well as gas. If you want to avoid this situation, you have to skip dairy products.
- Gluten Intolerance: Gluten intolerance may be the cause . Many people react very badly to gluten. It can also cause gas, severe pain, fatigue, bloating, weight loss and diarrhea. If you have this problem, you have to skip the foods that contain gluten. It will also help you to avoid this disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome:Irritable bowel syndrome is a common symptom,Symptoms include abdominal pain, bloating and stomach pain.
- Stomach Cramps During Pregnancy:Mild cramping is common in early pregnancy,Uterus which expands to accommodate the growing baby can cause pain, aches and discomfort to many women.
- Menstrual Cramps:Menstrual cramps cause uterus contractions that decrease blood flow and decrease oxygen supply .Some women may feel stomach uncomfortable.
How to Get Rid of Stomach Cramps?
Though this symptoms are painful, however; it is possible to get rid of this problem. The causes can affect the digestive organs, appendix, kidney, aorta, spleen or even it can originate an infection. If you are suffering from a painful cramp in your stomach or have recovered recently from it, you will find it much tougher to think straight about anything. But it is advantageous to compile a food diary if you are prostrate to the condition. Gas formation is normally a reaction to something that you have eaten.
Many people find that the best treatment for the formation of gas is to drink something that will line the stomach and relieve the stomach cramps after eating. But be careful about taking this approach. Some of the most familiar choices of drinks contain milk. This symptoms may well be caused by lactose intolerance. Drinking milk in this situation will exacerbate the problem.
Home Cures for Stomach Cramps
One of the best home cures is to take a cup of herbal tea. Peppermint is the most famous remedy and it is also cheaper to purchase even in a local supermarket or store. It has a relaxing and calming effect on your stomach and is unlikely to contain anything that might aggravate the cramps.
Taking Sodas or Antacids: If you feel extreme pain and discomfort and you just cannot take it anymore, then you should try some antacids to immediately relieve the pain. Clear soda and baking soda are the most common antacids.
Eat Blend Foods: As your body is trying to recover you from the cramps, so it needs to keep the energy up. You have to give your body the foods that are easy to digest. Avoids greasy, spicy or even sugar filled foods, including broths, oatmeal, rice and toast. Also avoid the dairy based foods as these types of foods normally contain natural bacteria that may not be helpful for your stomach.
Cola Syrup: It is one kind of thick liquid that tastes like cola pop. It can be a useful solution to treat nausea. If you want to ease your nausea, you have to take one or two tablespoons of cola syrup every few hours.
Apple Cider Vinegar: It is not like the regular vinegar and it works great. You just have to drink 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water. It will be better if you take it with warm water. Drink this solution every few hours until you get rid of your cramps.
Vomiting: Sometimes vomiting can give you relief from your nausea. Though vomiting can seem very horrible, however; it will really help you to clean the total system. It will expel the viruses as well as bacteria that are the causes of illness. Though, this process can be uncomfortable, however; you will get great relief.
Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Alcohol as well as drugs can irritate this problem and also impair the ability of your body to heal in a regular manner. It will also make your condition worse. If you want to get quick relief from the cramps then you have to avoid any kinds of caffeine as well as alcohol.
The strength of stomach cramps does not always indicate that the problem is serious. However; if you want to avoid life threating conditions, you have to take steps as soon as you can. According to your pain level, you have to take care of your health.