Whenever people feel stomach bloating after eating, they cannot help but think that they have eaten something that has caused the pain. You might feel the same way and you might disregard it as something normal but have you really thought about the possible reason why you are feeling pain? Another problem that may arise is the fact that your stomach is bigger than usual. If you are pregnant, this is nothing to worry about but if the stomach bloating is caused by something else, you might be interested to read further.
Stomach Bloating After Eating Causes
Feeling bloated is not a nice feeling at all. There are even times when people do not want to go out because they feel bloated. Girls in particular feel less pretty when they are feeling bloated or fat and this can ruin their self-esteem for the whole day. There are several reasons why you may be suffering from bloatedness. Here are just some of the possible reasons:
- Diarrhea – In case you have not realized, your stomach normally gets bigger (as well as other parts of your digestive system) when you have diarrhea. This is because your internal organs are inflamed because of your current condition. If you are suffering from diarrhea, this may be caused by something that you have eaten or sometimes another condition that your body is trying to fight. Make sure that you avoid food products that might aggravate your condition and stick to healthy food minus the dairy products in order to make your digestive system return to normal.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – This is different from diarrhea. Oftentimes, people think that diarrhea and IBS are the same condition but with IBS, it is not the food products that you are eating that are causing the problem. It is your digestive system that is not working properly. Since the digestive system is not working properly, it can be inflamed and this can cause your stomach area to be bloated.
- Coeliac Disease – This is the body’s reaction to certain types of food products particularly to fiber and gluten rich products. There are times when people take in this type of food products because they would like to lose weight. Fiber is known to make people feel full and it can also curb several types of cravings for other food products. Some people overdo it though and sometimes the body is just not able to take in too much fiber. With Coeliac disease, the immune system attacks fiber that is inside the body and it can make people feel tired and bloated.
- Ovarian Cancer – This is one of the most serious conditions that people can have. A lot of women die from ovarian cancer every year and this is the reason why it is important for women to have themselves checked the moment that they feel something weird going on with their bodies. Most of the times, ovarian cancers come with malignant cysts that can make the person feel bloated. Feeling full all the time can also be one of the symptoms. Panicking about feeling those symptoms though will not help. Most of the time, it is just false alarm. You can just be sure about it the moment you have yourself checked.
- Gastritis – There are times when people are already feeling different types of abdominal problems and this whole array of conditions can just be labeled as gastritis. There are different causes of gastritis such as taking in too much alcohol or sometimes, it can also be the ill effect of a certain type of drug. Have yourself checked immediately because there are times when this condition can already hinder you from doing things that you normally do.
Do remember that how often your stomach bloating happens may have a big effect with your health. You cannot self-diagnose yourself all the time. There may be times when you have logical explanations for the bloating and the pain that you are feeling but there will come a time when you do not know what to feel anymore. Schedule a consultation with a medical practitioner immediately just to be sure.
How To Stop Bloated Stomach
Dana Eden, P.T. & Weight Loss Expert shows you 2 simple tips to stop stomach bloat and help you keep a flat stomach.