Diarrhea is a health condition that leads to watery or very loose stool. Diarrhea is very unpleasant and uncomfortable, however; it is not a serious health problem especially for the adults. If diarrhea affects the children, it can be dangerous for them.You need to know how to stop diarrhea fast. If diarrhea lasts long, then it can be dangerous both for adult and children. That is why proper treatment is a must for the diarrhea affected people.
Causes of diarrhea
Normally diarrhea is caused by bacteria or viruses. Most of the cases it goes away in 2 to 3 days, but sometimes it lasts long. Most of the time diarrhea is accompanied by abdominal cramping. There are some other symptoms that you may also experience like discomfort around your anus, abdominal bloating,fever, vomiting, bowel movement, chills and more. Sometime it is really difficult to find out the actual reason of diarrhea and often diarrhea does not require any treatment. There are some common causes that can lead severe diarrhea like malignancy, food intolerance, Crohn’s diseases and more. There are several home remedies that are the best to stop diarrhea. However; you also need to know when you need to seek proper medical help.
Drink Enough Fluids
1. You have to drink lots of fluid, but you are not allowed to take caffeine or alcohol.
2. If you are experiencing mild diarrhea, then you can drink juice, milk, sports drink or water. Do not forget you have to avoid the soft drinks and juice that are not pure
3. Pediatric rehydration drinks can be the best for the babies and young children. There are some common brands that are very popular like Enfalyte or
4. For the patients who are experiencing severe diarrhea need to use rehydration salts. Oral rehydration salts are available in different drugstores.
5. You can make a drink with sugar, salt and water as an alternative of oral rehydration drink as sometimes flavorings and colorings can make the situation worst. Most of the cases commercial rehydration drinks contain additional flavors and colors.
Whatever you decide to drink, do not forget to keep it cool. Cool drinks will give you pleasure and it will also be less irritating. You will lose a lot of electrolytes, minerals like potassium, sodium only because of diarrhea. So you have to drinks a lot of fluids to stay hydrated.
Maintain a Proper Diet Plan
6. During the 1st twenty four hours of diarrhea, you have to limit yourself to probiotic yogurts or saltine crackers. First 24 hours is the
most active stage of diarrhea. You have to maintain a diet plan that is very simple, easy to digest as well as easy to maintain.
7. Continue to drink plenty of fluids and add rice, eggs, bananas, toast and cooked cereal to your everyday diet as the volume of diarrhea decreases.
8. Avoid eating fish, meat, chicken as well as applesauce as it can make the situation worst.
9. Maintain BRAT diet plan that stands for Rice, Banana, Toast and Apple. This diet plan is especially recommended for the children who are suffering from this health problem.
10. If you want to fight with diarrhea, then you have to avoid several foods like gum with sorbitol as Sorbitol is a kind of laxative.
11. You have to avoid alcohol and spicy foods that are difficult to digest.
12. Fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and carbohydrates are recommended to stop diarrhea.
Probiotics are bacteria that are very good for health. It will help digesting your foods as well as it will also keep the gut healthy.
13. You can eat yogurt with the live cultures
14. You can also take probiotic supplements
Probiotics will shorten the time periods of diarrhea and will make it less severe for the patients.
Avoid Antidiarrheal Medication
15. Sometimes antidiarrheal medicines can make the situation difficult instead of solving the problem. Talk to your doctor before you take this type of medicines as most of the cases patients start to become sick after taking antidiarrheal medicines.
Drink Chamomile Tea
You can drink Chamomile Tea to stop diarrhea. Chamomile is very good for treating your intestinal inflammation. Chamomile also has antispasmodic properties.
16. You can boil Chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves just for 15 minutes to prepare Chamomile tea. You just need to drink this tea 3 times a fat. You can also drink tannins in black tea as it also works great to stop diarrhea.
Eat Starchy Foods To Stop Diarrhea
Eat Starchy Foods like tapioca cereals or even precooked rice. It will help ease the tummy of the patient.
17. You can prepare the tapioca cereal according to the directions that are given on the cereal box. Never add much sugar or even salt as it can easily
18. You can avoid oatmeal as oatmeal is high in fiber. Your intestines cannot tolerate the additional bulk.
19. You can potatoes as it is a kind of starchy food and can help restore your comfort and nutrients your tummy. However; never try to eat French fries as it tends to aggravate an aching stomach.
20. You can eat cooked carrot as it can help ease your upset tummy.
21. Eat white rice that is well cooked. It is a kind of starchy food that can help you to stop diarrhea.
Blueberries are very good to treat diarrhea. The root of blueberry can give you a long term remedy for diarrhea.
22. Blueberries work great to recover tummy problem. This fruit is rich in anthocyanosides. It also has antibacterial properties, tannins as well as antioxidant that can fight with diarrhea.
Drink Orange Peel Tea
It can also give you a quick solution. Orange peel tea can improve your digest system.It can help you stop diarrhea fast.
23. Place chopped orange peel into a glass and add 1 pint warm water. Wait until the orange peel tea cooled. You can add honey or sugar to improve the taste.
Digest Fenugreek Seeds
This option is only for the adults. It will help you to remove the discomfort as well as severity of diarrhea.
24. Mix half teaspoon fenugreek seeds with a glass of water and drink this solution every day. You will get quick result if your digest fenugreek seeds daily.
Do Not Spread Diarrhea
The main cause of diarrhea is basically bacteria as well as viruses. These are transferable and if you do not follow proper steps to prevent diarrhea then it can spread from one people to another. Normally the lack of hand washing or the household pet can easily carry the viruses that can cause diarrhea.
25. Wash your hands with soap and warm water
26. Do not forget to wash your hand before and after eating foods
27. Wash your hands before as well as after playing with your pets
28. Keep your home surface neat and clean with the spray or even antibacterial wipe
Take OTC Medication
OTC medication that basically contains bismuth compounds can help to stop diarrhea.
29. The patients who are suffering from the special traveler’s diarrhea or even who are fighting with H. pylori bacterium can try OTC medication for a better result.
Take Anti Motility Medication
30. It has a great ability to relax your bowel organs. It will slow down the movement of colon and intestine. It will help the organs to absorb more water and this medication will help stop watery stool.
There are two common types of anti-mobility medications like diphenoxylate and loperamide. You can buy loperamide from the drug shop without prescription,but never try to buy diphenoxylatewithout the permission of your doctor.
31. Treatment can be one of the best ways to stop diarrhea is you are suffering from severe diarrhea. If you have any kind of pre-existing risk factor,then antibiotics can work great.
However; antibiotics are not suitable for all cases. If the real cause of diarrhea is unknown, then you should avoid antibiotics. Antibiotics sometimecause side effects, so it will be better if you talk with your doctor before taking antibiotics. If the reason of your diarrhea is virus, then antibiotics will not work at all. If you try to stop your mild diarrhea simply by taking antibiotics, then you can experience more serious condition. Though antibiotics are used to stop diarrhea, however; you should not take antibiotics without consulting with your doctor.
Diarrhea normally cleans up within a few days without any treatment. However; sometimes it lasts longer. It actually depends on the types of infection involved. Home treatments work great to treat diarrhea. Most of the home remedies are very effective and you will get a very fast result. Here are some exceptional home remedies to stop diarrhea.
32. Drink Potato Water: Chop potatoes and boil the potatoes in water just for twenty to thirty minutes. After that you need to drain the liquid. You can add salt to improve its taste. Drink this solution throughout the day. The people who are suffering from severe diarrhea can try this solution.
33. Drink Guava Juice: Guava juice also works great to get instant relief from the discomfort of diarrhea. Just cut the guavas into small pieces and use fruit processor to make guava juice. It will be better if you drink cold guava juice. After drinking this juice you will feel better and you will be able to stop diarrhea.
34. Lemon Juice: You can try lemon juice. Just add 4 teaspoon of lemon juice with one glass of water and you can also add salt and sugar according to your choice. If you wish, you can add cold ice stir and simply drink this lemon juice to get relief.
35. Drink Mild Black Tea: You can drink mild black tea that is cooled as well as brewed down. It works really great. Mild black tea can help you reduce the discomfort and you will start to feel easy and comfortable.
36. Drink Pickle Juice: If you are experiencing severe diarrhea, then you can drink one cup of pickle juice. Normally vinegar works great and it kills the bacteria. Diarrhea that is caused by bacteria can be stopped by drinking the pickle juice.
37. Drink Rice Water: Rice water also work great to stop diarrhea. All you need is just have to boil some rice in a pan. When the rice is boiled, just pour the water into a glass. Let it be cooled and after that you can add sugar or even salt according to your choice. Drink rice juice and it works wonder!
38. Oregano Remedy: Boil some oregano leaves and pour the water into a glass. Let the solution cool down. You can also keep it in the refrigerator. You can add a little bit sugar to improve the taste. Drink it to get instant solution. Ladies can also try this solution for period cramps.
39. Turmeric Mixture: Just take two teaspoons of turmeric powder and add it with one cup of cold water. Drink this two times a day to get the best result.
40. Eat Fresh Pineapple: It is a non-pharmaceutical solution. Buy some fresh pineapple for yourself and eat pineapples. Fresh pineapple helps to stop diarrhea. You will get fast result.
41. Eat Yogurt: Yogurt is really useful. You can add fenugreek with the yogurt to get the best result. Whenever you will feel
uncomfortable, you can eat yogurt with the fenugreek. Instantly you will start to feel comfortable and relaxed.
42. Eat Bread: You can eat bread to stop diarrhea! It may sound interesting to you, but it is one of the popular home remedies. You have to eat four to five slices of bread. Never add butter or even syrup to improve the taste. Do not drink water after eating bread. You will get good result.
43. Drink Club Soda: At the onset you can dink club soda! It works pretty fat to calm down your tummy. After drinking this solution, you will start to feel comfortable.
44. Drink Milk with Cinnamon Powder: Though many people think that milk is not suitable for the patients who are suffering from diarrhea.However; if you want to get long term relief from diarrhea, then you can drink one glass of milk with one teaspoon of cinnamon power as well as clove power. You will get good result.
45. Apple and Banana: Apples and Banana can be a wonderful remedy for diarrhea. You can scrape the apples for your babies or even you can simmer the parings in milk. Mashed banana will be suitable for the babies.
When You Should Visit a Doctor
Though most of the cases diarrhea is not harmful, but sometimes it causes serious health issues. You should not ignore the critical symptoms of diarrhea.You have to consult your doctor if you experience long lasting diarrhea. Diarrhea that lasts more than 3 days can cause serious health issues. Following are some critical symptoms of diarrhea that you should never ignore:
· High Fever (102 degree Fahrenheit or even more)
· Signs of dehydration like fatigue, dark colored urine, thirst or even dizziness
- Black or even dark stool
- Severe abdominal pain
- Blood in stools
- Diarrhea more than 3 days
- Feeling lethargic or tired
Few watery stools cannot be the sign of diarrhea. However; you have experience watery stool, then do not forget to take more fluids. If you face any of the above symptoms, do not forget to call a doctor, otherwise you may experience serious health issues. The perfect way to stop diarrhea is to figure out the causes as well as treat the causes according to the instruction of your health professionals.
You can use antidiarrheal medicines if you have watery stool for more than 7 hours a day. If you have bloody watery stool, high fever or even other symptoms, then it will be better for you not to take antidiarrheal medicines. Before you buy any medicine, never forget to read the label direction on the bottle of the medicine. Make it sure that you are taking the recommended medicine doses. Long term uses of the antidiarrheal medicines are not good for your health and it is not recommended are all. If you want to avoid the constipation, then you have to stop taking this kind of medicines.
Diarrhea Treatment for Children
If you are bottle feeding or even breast feeding your babies and if they have diarrhea, then you should not stop to feed you babies as normal. If you are breastfeeding then you have to increase your fluid intake. It will help you maintain the milk supply properly. It is also possible of five the babies oral rehydration solution, if you baby becomes dehydrated. Never forget to check with your health visitors before you give rehydration fluids to your young babies or even infants. Though rehydration drinks are available form the local pharmacist and you can easily without any prescription, however never take any risk as it is all about the health of your baby.
If your children have an episode of diarrhea, then ORS can be recommended for you baby. The amount of giving ORS can vary from child to child as it total depends on the size as well as the weight of the baby. If you have no ideas about the amount that you should give to your child, then you can ask the pharmacist as they will be able to give you a clear concept about it. Still if you have any confusion, then you can talk to your doctor without any hesitation. You can also read the instruction that is given by the manufacturers to get clear idea about the doses. If your baby is dehydrated, then do not try to give it solid foods and give it enough fluids. When your baby will stop showing the signs as well as symptoms of dehydration, then your baby is allowed to continue the normal diet plan. If your baby refuses to eat the normal foods or even solid foods, then give it fluids again until its appetite returns.
Diarrhea is caustic when it lefts on the skin. The digestive juices as well as the acids in diarrhea are very harmful to the perianal skin. Most of the time diarrhea causes skin rashes and breakdown. The patient who have had diarrhea more than one day can experience this kind of discomfort. Here are some ways to help the bottom feel better.
· Never sit for prolonged periods on the toilet. The combination of gravity and the toilet seat can wreak havoc on the skin. If you experience like constantly have to have bowel movement, then it will be better for you to stay close to the toilet seat, but avoid sitting on the toilet. Otherwise you may also experience health issues.
· You can use barrier cream for extra comfort. This type of cream really helps to give relieve discomfort that is caused by diarrhea. It will also reduce the total amount of irritating, soreness, and itching that are caused by frequent runny stools.
· Do not forget to clean yourself after the watery or even loose bowel movement. Moist, flushable and soft toilettes work really well and they are not abrasive just like the toile papers.
It is very common to have stomach pain or even abdominal discomfort or even cramps with the bouts of diarrhea. If your condition gets worse, then do not waste your time and see your personal doctor. You can also take a relaxing bath as it will help you relax your body and it will take the mind off everything. After a relaxing bath you will feel more comfortable. You can also try to take medicines if diarrhea lasts more than 6 days. You can also try Thickening mixtures. It will make your stool more firms. Hospital treatment can be required for you or even for your child if you are seriously dehydrated.
Thank you for reading this How to Stop Diarrhea?45 Ways to Help You Recover Faster.If you enjoyed this article, please share the article and consider subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to you.
If you enjoyed this pain in left side guide, please share the article and consider subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader, or by Email. – See more at: http://paininleft.com/#sthash.oh2bLL3i.dpuf
If you enjoyed this pain in left side guide, please share the article and consider subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader, or by Email.Thank you! – See more at: http://paininleft.com/#sthash.oh2bLL3i.dpuf