Have you ever been in a situation wherein you felt the urge to pass gas but cannot because you are in a crowded area? There may have been two endings to this story. The first one may be you were able to hold in the gas for a certain period of time until you are in a safe place but the most common ending is the fact that you passed gas and you probably tried to deny that it was you. We all have to admit that passing gas can be highly embarrassing for a lot of people. As much as possible, people would want to avoid passing gas in public but how can this be done when people do not have proper knowledge about how to get rid of stomach gas?
Knowing more about the causes of getting gases in your stomach and the possible treatments to make the gas go away can actually help people a lot.First you should read this article.
How to Get Rid of Stomach Gas
Can Gas Cause Stomach Pain?
Preventing to Acquire Stomach Gas
If you would like to avoid getting stomach gas in the first place, here are just some of the things that you can do:
- Avoid Food Products that are Gas Causing – You may not know this but there are actually some food products that can help add the amount of gas present inside the stomach. Some of the food products are whole grains, bananas and apples. If you think that it would be hard to avoid these products because they are good for the health, you are absolutely correct. The key in making sure that you will not pass gas is to just eat moderately. Eating too much will most likely contribute in making people pass gas.
- Take Note of Allergies – There are instances when people are not able to digest the food products that have been given out to them because they are allergic to it. Allergies will differ from person to person. There may be some people who are allergic to seafood and every time they try to eat seafood, they pass gas. Knowing the food products that can contribute to gassy stomachs can help people avoid those food products in certain situations.
- Eat Slowly – There are various reasons why people eat in a fast manner. There are some people who eat fast because they do not have time to eat anymore. They have to make do with the little time that they have to eat so they have to rush all the time. Some people eat fast because they are extremely hungry. When people eat fast, more gas goes inside the stomach that would have to come out.
- Eat Food in Smaller Quantities – People who eat too much for a certain period of time might experience some trouble digesting their food products. Eating frequently can actually be easier for the digestive system and can help prevent the acquisition of stomach gas.
- Do Some Exercises – People who have just eaten are required to take a break before undergoing strenuous physical exercises because it can be bad for the body. After you are sure that your body has fully recovered, that is the proper time to start doing some exercises.
- Avoid Stressful Situations – You may not have realized it right now but one of the main reasons why you are getting stomach pains is because you are undergoing a lot of stress. When the person is stressed, the whole body becomes affected. There are some people who are unable to think of things to do because of the stress of life while others merely think too much. Avoiding stressful situations can help people breathe deeply and can avoid the gas in people’s stomachs.
These are just some ways on how to get rid of stomach gas. Do remember that there may still be a bit more waiting to be discovered.
How to Get Rid of Stomach Gas
If for instance you have already tried to prevent getting stomach gas but you were still able to get it anyway, do remember that there are different treatments that are available that you can surely try.
- Drink Chamomile Tea – Chamomile is known to have some properties that can help lessen the amount of gas that can be found inside the stomach. This is also the same with ginger tea. If you do not have chamomile, ginger tea is actually easier to make. What you have to do is peel one ginger, place it on water and bring it to a boil. Some people like ginger so much that they actually suck at the ginger to help treat stomach gas.
- Take Probiotic Supplements – There are still some people right now who do not see the need to purchase supplements at their age but when people grow up, they usually realize that they have to start taking supplements to help aid digestion. Products that have probiotics are always good for the stomach for the mere fact that it contains good bacteria.
- Take Medications – There are some medications made that are meant to help release the trapped gas inside the stomach to go out so that people can feel the relief that they are waiting for.
- Lie Down Flat on Your Stomach – When you lie down, you are helping the gas go down so that they can be released easily. Do remember though that it can be very uncomfortable to hold this position for a certain period of time.
- Fennel Seed – The fennel seed is known to actually help in digestion because it makes the digestion process faster and easier. With the use of the fennel seed, people will be able to digest and release the excess stomach gases that may have been stuck inside the stomach.
Do remember that with all of these treatments mentioned above, getting rid of stomach gases are much easier. There are instances though when people experience stomach gas and stomach pain for a prolonged period of time. If your condition is like this, remember that you would have to get yourself checked by the doctor because the stomach gases may be just an underlying symptom of a more serious condition that would have to be addressed immediately. How to get rid of stomach gas? By being aware and knowing the right things to do.