There is a chance that you are suffering from vaginal itching right now and you are a bit embarrassed about it. Do not be embarrassed because you have to know that women of all ages suffer from this condition once in a while. There are various causes why you may be suffering from this condition and these causes are the following:
- Bacterial Vaginosis – It is quite normal for the vagina to have all sorts of bacteria but if the wrong bacteria will start to grow on the vagina, this can causes problems in the long run. There are certain symptoms that you can watch out for if you suspect that you have this condition. You can check if you have a milky discharge and if the vaginal area seems to be always itchy.
- Yeast Infection – One of the most common causes of vaginal itching is yeast infection probably because of the yeast that sometimes grows on the area. There are different home remedies that can help get rid of this condition.
- Menopause – When women are undergoing menopause, the walls of their vagina tend to dry out and this may cause the area to itch more than usual.
- STD – There are different sexually transmitted diseases that might cause vaginal itching. There are other symptoms that might be associated depending on the type of STD that is being experienced.
- The Use of Strong Chemicals – Most of the products that you may be using are full of chemicals that might do more harm than good to your body in general. Do remember to take note of the items that you are using and when you tend to feel itchy so that you will know if you need to stop using that product.
Here are just some of the home remedies that you can try so that you can get rid of the itching in your vagina:
8 Best Home Remedies for Vaginal Itching
- Cold Compress
There is a chance that your vagina will start itching at night wherein you can feel extremely uncomfortable. You might also have some problems with trying to sleep because you can feel tired when you have to get up in the morning. You can stop vaginal itching with the use of cold compress because this will stop the itch and help make you feel better.
- Place enough ice on a cold compress pack or you may wrap ice cubes in a piece of cloth.
- Place the cold compress directly on the vagina.
- You will start feeling at ease after some time.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
No home remedy list will be complete without the use of Apple Cider Vinegar that can be used for almost all types of condition imaginable. In this case, it can also help in stopping vaginal itching. What apple cider vinegar does is it makes sure that the pH balance of the vagina will be restored so the itching will stop.
- Place two tablespoons of organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Mix together.
- Instead of using feminine facial wash that may be too strong for the vagina at times because of the chemical irritants, you can use this to clean your vagina instead.
Garlic is always known to be one of the products that contain anti fungal and anti bacterial properties. This can help in getting rid of infection that can be found in the vagina so that you can get the relief that you need against vaginal infection.
- Get about 2 – 3 cloves of garlic and mash it to form a paste.
- Place the garlic paste on your vagina.
- Do remember that the smell may not be the best but the relief that it can give you will guarantee that you will not get to use if for a long period of time.
It has always been known that yogurt contains probiotics that can help kill the bacteria in the stomach but what if yogurt can be placed in the vagina as well? Will it be helpful for the bacteria found in the vagina? It seems that it can also be helpful in controlling the growth of bad bacteria so that they will eventually go away.
- Dip a tampon in a cup of unflavored yogurt.
- Place the tampon in the vagina for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take out the tampon.
- This can be done twice a day.
The great thing about basil is that they contain various properties. They have anti fungal and also anti bacterial properties that can help in making sure that what that is causing the vaginal itch will be gone in no time.
- Steep basil leaves in a cup of warm water for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let the basil tea cool down.
- This is recommended to be taken twice a day. Once in the morning and also once in the evening.
When choosing the honey that you are going to use to cure your vaginal infection, make sure that you will use clean and unpasteurized honey. The anti bacterial and anti fungal properties of honey will make sure that the itching of your vagina will go away in no time.
- Make sure that you will choose clean and unpasteurized honey because this can be the most effective against vaginal infection.
- Place the honey on the vaginal area.
- Leave on the area that is itchy for about half an hour.
- Take a bath in warm water.
- Rosemary Leaves
Rosemary is one of those herbs that people usually use in order to make food taste better but if your main problem is vaginal itch, you can be sure that rosemary leaves can be effective in getting rid of that itch as well.
- Steep Rosemary leaves for about 10 – 15 minutes in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it cool down afterwards.
- When it is already warm and not hot, you can wash your vaginal area with it.
- You will feel the relief instantly.
- Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice can make sure that the whole environment of the vagina will be acidic and this can help get rid of the bacteria or the yeast that may be causing the vagina to itch. Since the acidic area can stay for a long period of time, this will help get rid of the bacteria. It can also help prevent other possible diseases that might cause vaginal irritation.
- Drink 2 glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice every day.
- Do this until such time when vaginal itching stops.
Do remember that there are always different things that you can do in order to get rid of vaginal itching aside from the things and the facts and the home remedies that are mentioned above. Do remember that if after the use of the different home remedies and nothing has happened, it will be best to consult with your doctor at the soonest possible time so that you can get instant relief from your vaginal itching and you can go on with your life afterwards.