There are some people who always panic whenever they start to feel some chest pains probably because they always think that this is related to having a heart attack. There are times when chest pain may not be related to that at all. You may want to visit your doctor in order to learn more details about the cause of your chest pain but once you have already ruled out this serious condition, remember that you still have to know the main cause for getting it.
Common Causes of chest pain
- Stress – You can avoid this by trying to stay away from stressful situations.
- Anxiety – Anxiety can be controlled by trying to do breathing exercises.
- Coughing – There are also some home remedies for cough.
- Colds – A lot of fluids are needed and rest to get rid of colds.
- Acidity – Not taking in too much food can help prevent the onset of acidity.
Once you have already figured out the cause of your chest pain, it will be time for you to gain some knowledge about the various home remedies that you can try out that can make the chest pain improve and eventually go away.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Chest Pain
Ginger contains a component called Gingerol that a lot of people are not too familiar with but it can actually be helpful since it can help reduce the cholesterol levels of the body. Cholesterol can cause chest pain. Since ginger also has anti oxidant properties, it can help the blood vessels become stronger too.
- Prepare a cup of boiling water.
- Place freshly grated ginger on the cup and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the ginger and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drink this whenever you are feeling any pain in your chest.
A lot of people know that turmeric is known to be something that can be used to treat different types of conditions but it can also be effective to be used to get rid of chest pain. The curcumin component that can be found in Turmeric is one of the reasons for its healing properties.
- Place turmeric powder in a cup of hot water.
- Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon to taste.
While garlic is known to be helpful in curing chest pain, there are also other things that it can do for people. It can help prevent various cardiovascular diseases which mean that it can help your condition quite well and can help you be protected.
- Mash the garlic until it becomes some sort of paste.
- Put it in a cup of hot water and drink it.
- Another option is to eat raw garlic when you wake up in the morning but this is not recommended if you have some digestive problems.
The main reason why basil is effective for chest pain is simply because of magnesium. Magnesium is the component that can help promote blood flow thus improving the flow of blood in the heart. It also contains vitamin A that can help stop the abundance of cholesterol in the blood.
- If you are feeling chest pain, get basil leaves.
- Chew on about 5 – `10 basil leaves until you get relief.
- Once you feel better, you can make basil tea by placing some leaves on hot water and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Steep the leaves and let the tea cool.
- Drink it for prevention of chest pain.
A lot of people may not know this but alfalfa actually has a lot of healing properties. It has different vitamins as well as minerals that can help it tremendously. The coumarins are responsible for improving the platelet count of the blood and can help minimize chest pains.
- Prepare a teaspoon of dried alfalfa.
- Pour warm water over it.
- Wait for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Drink this about 2x a day.
There are some people who are not aware that hibiscus actually contains a lot of antioxidants that can help the body recover from different possible sicknesses that it might have. It can also help free radicals be removed from the body entirely.
- Prepare hibiscus flower petals. A handful of the Hibiscus petals will be enough.
- Make sure that you have about 1 cup of water.
- Boil the water and place the hibiscus petals while boiling.
- Strain the petals and let cool for a while.
- Drink this whenever you are having some chest pains.
- Cayenne Pepper
A lot of people who are familiar with cayenne pepper usually think of it as a really hot spice that can be used for various food products. It contains capsaicin which can be very helpful for the cardiovascular system.
- Prepare a glass of milk or fruit juice.
- Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder on the drink.
- Drink this whenever you are feeling pain and you can be sure that the pain will be gone after some time.
One of the greatest things about salmon is that it tastes great whether you would like to eat it raw or cooked. Another great thing about it is that it has an abundance of Omega 3 fatty acids that your body will need in order to combat possible causes of chest pain. Omega 3 fatty acids can help stop the onset of coronary heart diseases.
- Make sure that you integrate salmon in your diet.
- Only get fresh salmon because this can give better amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Look for other sources of Omega 3 fatty acids like flax seed.
While there are some people who are not too familiar with Fenugreek, this is known to be very helpful in promoting cardiovascular health which means that if you take it more often, your cardiovascular system will become stronger. It can also improve the flow of blood to the heart.
- Add a teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds to water and boil it for a few minutes.
- Strain the fenugreek seeds and put them away.
- Add honey to make the tea taste better.
- You can also choose to eat fenugreek seeds.
- Almonds Oil
At this point, you may be thinking while almonds are included when they actually taste good. Almonds are recommended to be taken in to get rid of chest pain because it contains sterols that can help lower the overall cholesterol level of the body. Just remember to take this in moderation.
- Make sure that you mix in almond oil with another type of oil like coconut oil or olive oil.
- Rub the oil mixture on the chest area.
- Feel the pain start to go away after some time.
Do remember that the above mentioned things are just some of the possible home remedies that you can do in order to help prevent chest pain. In order to stop chest pain from being felt, you can also choose to start focusing on your diet and making sure that you are eating healthier. Having a complete lifestyle change may also be necessary at times.