Herpes is known to be a sexually transmitted disease usually becomes apparent when sores that are similar to cold sores appear on different parts of the body. For instance, herpes can sometimes appear on the mouth, face and lips although there are also times when herpes can appear on the genitals. There are also instances when herpes can transfer from the mouth to the genitals especially when people who have it do not wash their hands properly or they use their hands that they have just used on their mouth for their genitals.
One warning that would have to be remembered by all is that herpes does not need to be in its active stage to spread from one person to another. This means that the sores may not be present but this does not mean that people do not have the disease.
If ever you are not sure if you have acquired herpes because of different reasons, what you need to do is set up an appointment with your doctor because this is something that you have to be sure about. You have to make sure that you have this condition before you will know what you ought to do. You may have to take some medications but you may also choose to do home remedies instead that can help you get rid of the disease at the soonest possible time.
Natural Herbal Remedies for Herpes Treatment
- Lemon Balm
Lemon Balm is known to be one of the most effective home remedies for Herpes. The main reason why it is effective is because it has phenolic acid, rosmarinic acid, flavonoids and phenolic acid. You can use it to get rid of your condition fast.
- Prepare tea made out of Lemon Balm.
- Make sure that you will use hot water to make it more effective.
- Let the Lemon Balm Tea steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the lemon balm tea on the affected area.
- Licorice Roots
Licorice roots can be used effectively in various home remedies so it is not surprising that it can also be used for this type of home remedy. Licorice has properties that can help fight the Herpes virus to prevent the infection. Do remember that this type of remedy is not recommended if you have a heart condition or if you are pregnant.
- Get the extracts of licorice roots.
- Mix it in with water and a bit of honey depending on your preference.
- Take this at least once a day.
- Black Tea
It is a well known fact that Black tea contains tannin that is known to have anti viral and anti inflammatory properties. From this fact alone, it is already obvious that it can help get rid of the Herpes virus at the soonest possible time.
- Place a black tea bag on a cup of warm water.
- Let the black tea soak on the water for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Wait for the tea to cool down.
- Apply the tea bag on the infected area for about 5 – 10 minutes again.
- This would have to be done twice or thrice a day.
- Oregano Oil
There are a lot of people who are not aware that Oregano oil can be one of those ingredients that can effectively get rid of Herpes. The main reason why it is effective is because it has anti viral properties.
- Make sure that you will mix oregano oil with another type of oil like coconut oil so that it will be absorbed more by the skin.
- Place on the affected area and massage the area gently.
- Rinse off with cold water after a few minutes.
- Do this about twice a day.
Lysine is known to be an essential amino acid. It is an ingredient that can normally be found in certain products that you eat. Do remember that Lysine is something that the body needs for the rest of your life but it cannot be produced by the body naturally. The intake of food products that are rich in Lysine will make it easier to reduce the outbreak of Herpes virus.
- Place lysine cream if you have any on the affected area.
- If not, you may choose to include food products that are rich in Lysine like cheeses and milk in your diet.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known to be a plant that has been used even by our ancestors for a long time. It is known to be very effective in making hair strong and healthy but aside from that, Aloe Vera can also be effective in getting rid of sores that are related to acquiring the Herpes virus.
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf in half.
- Scoop out the gel from the inside.
- Apply the gel directly on to the affected area.
- Allow the Aloe Vera gel to dry.
Aside from the natural herbal remedies that are mentioned above, here are some other home remedies that you may try:
- Ice Pack
If you would like a simply way on how you can reduce the effect of being afflicted with the Herpes virus, you can use an ice pack because this will provide relief especially when you are feeling pain because of the sores that have appeared on different parts of your body.
- Fill a pack with crushed ice.
- Make sure that you will wrap clean cloth around the ice pack so that it will not be directly on top of the skin.
- Place on the sores for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- This can be done about 4 – 5 times every day. This can even be done when the sores start to hurt.
- Epsom Salt
Another home remedy that you can try out if you would like to get rid of the itching brought about by Herpes is Epsom Salt. This is actually considered to be the best home remedy to get rid of the itch.
- Mix in Epsom salt with your bath water.
- Make sure that you will only soak the part of your body that is afflicted with herpes. This is to avoid different parts of your body that may be vulnerable to the condition to become affected.
- Allow the part to dry on its own. Do not dry it with towel or cloth.
- Bathe as usual.
- Black Coffee
There may be times when one of the reasons why people find it hard to speak or eat because of the blisters caused by Herpes found in the mouth area. The intake of black coffee can help get rid of this.
- Prepare black coffee.
- Let the black coffee cool down.
- Try to take in black coffee and hold it in your mouth for a certain period of time.
- This can be used for the lips as well.
- This is recommended to be done twice a day.
Knowing the different home remedies that you can do against herpes will help you not to feel embarrassed about it and at least get relief from the condition.