Having diarrhea can be one of those things that you wish will never happen to you but there are instances when your body will react to bad bacteria that have entered your body through food products that you have ingested. There are times when the food that you eat is not necessarily bad. It just so happens that the mixture of those food products became toxic when it entered your body.This article show you the best diet for chronic diarrhea treatment.
Coping with diarrhea can be a hard thing to do especially if you would insist going out of the house in order to do work or to go to school. If you have diarrhea, it will be best if you could just stay at home. Do you know that the body is able to recover faster when you are resting? Trying to walk around and run around with an upset stomach will not do wonders for your recovery at all.
While it is normal for people to have bouts of diarrhea from time to time, it can be hard if a person has chronic diarrhea. This means that diarrhea is a constant problem that can happen several times in a week. The reason for this can be different things. It can be because the person does not know what type of food should be avoided and instead of helping the digestive system, the person only aggravates it further by eating oily food products. Dairy will not help as well.
If you have diarrhea, you would also have to have a certain diet that will help you recover. This is the time when you should avoid products that will worsen your condition. You might be a big coffee drinker but then do you know that taking coffee can worsen your condition? If you are not too familiar with what food you have to eat then this is the time that you should learn more about how you can help your body heal faster.
Chronic Diarrhea Causes
Chronic diarrhea causes
|Bacteria and parasites||Bacteria infection occurs from contaminated food or drinks. Bacterial infections also cause severe symptoms, often with vomiting, fever, and severe abdominal cramps and pain.|
|Lactose intolerance||Lactose is the natural sugar in dairy products. Lactase in the small intestine, is needed to break down the sugars for full digestion and absorption into the body. If you don’t have enough of the enzyme, you may get diarrhea.|
|Surgery||Abdominal surgery or gallbladder removal surgery may cause diarrhea.|
|Digestive disorders||Digestive disorders is common. Intolerance to foods such as artificial sweeteners and lactose can cause diarrhea.|
|Irritable bowel syndrome||Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorder. If you have abdominal pain or discomfort at least three times per month for the last 3 months without other disease or injury that could explain the pain you may have Irritable bowel syndrome.|
|Inflammatory bowel disease||Inflammatory bowel disease is a general term that refers to illnesses that cause chronic inflammation in the intestines.|
|Endocrine disorders||Endocrine disorders may cause chronic diarrhea. Hyperthyroidism is an overactive thyroid that also may cause weight loss.|
|Food allergy or sensitivity||A food allergy happens when your immune system mistakes something in food as harmful and attacks it. Food allergy or sensitivity can affect your whole body, not just your stomach.|
|Medicines||Many medications can cause diarrhea. Antibiotics is most common. Antibiotics destroy both good and bad bacteria, This will disturb the natural balance of bacteria in your intestines which leads to bacteria diarrhea.|
Best Diet for Chronic Diarrhea Treatment
Here are the liquid products that you should have when you are having diarrhea:
- Water – This is probably the most important liquid that should enter your body. Diarrhea will make you dehydrated and you would need water in order to make sure that your internal organs are still working properly. Without water, you will not be able to recover well.
- Liquids With Electrolytes – Aside from water, electrolytes are also lost when people have diarrhea. There are a lot of liquids now that contain electrolytes such as sports drinks or sometimes medical drinks.
- Chamomile or Orange Peel Tea – Chamomile is already an obvious choice because it can be used for all types of digestive problems. Orange Peels on the other hand can help the intestines recover from the strain possibly caused by diarrhea.
Do remember though that when you are taking liquid products, it will be best not to drink them while you are eating solid food. Drink in between meals so that it will be sustained by the body longer.
- Brown Rice – At this point you may be wondering why you would need brown rice and not white rice. The answer is easy. Brown rice contains more nutrients than white rice. While white rice only has empty carbohydrates, brown rice also contains anti-oxidants that will help people recover faster. It is also starchy and this will help with trying to make stools harder again.
- Soda and Salty Crackers – You would have to admit that when you have diarrhea, it can be hard to ingest other things. This might be the stuff that your body will be able to take.
- Corn Fiber or Other Types of Fiber Rich Products – What fiber does is it makes sure that you feel full and at the same time, it will also make the digestion of food slower inside your body so it will help prevent your current condition. This will allow other food products to be digested further and it might curb your diarrhea.
Do remember that in order to make sure that you will not get chronic diarrhea, you should consult with your doctor. It is likely that your doctor will be able to trace if you are always taking in food products that are making your condition worse. If you have just had diarrhea, it will be best to avoid dairy products for at least a week. Taking in dairy when your digestive system has not fully recovered yet will only result to another diarrhea episode.